Life in the world of Nuno Costa

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Update for week ending 12/4


I started sending out a weekly update to my personal training clients.  I figured I wanted to touch base with them on a regular basis outside of the gym and wanted to create more community within the groups that meet with me regularly.  I typically look for things to acknowledge from the past week and pull together some information that I think will be valuable.  I thought I would post and share this on my blog - maybe someone will get something out of it :)

Another week has come and gone - by now you are looking forward to when these come out, right?
I most certainly hope so.  A few people were gone over thanksgiving so it was nice to get everyone back in the groove of things last week. 

Special shout out to Rob & Brandon for doing the workout Jackie last week- i think most of you have done since I love to use it as a benchmark.  
Row 1000, 50 Thrusters with the bar and 30 Pull ups - fun times to be had.  Who's looking forward to re-doing it to see how they do on it?

Updating spreadsheet - Brandon, Bo, Rob, Carolyn, Sarah
If you aren't doing it, let's figure out a way to get on it to stay current - would incentive help?

For some critical thinking please watch the following: 


I may have mentioned this book in one of our training sessions "Happier" - I finished it in the past 6 months and can honestly say its contributed greatly to my overall happiness and well being and would highly recommend it to all!!!!

Nutrition - 
Have you been keeping up with the habits I emailed previously? Below is the new habit to implement - do it for this week
Habit 5: Eat healthy fats daily - if you don't know what these are, please ask me
And here are the previous habits that I have sent out 
Habit 1:  Eat every 2-3 hours
Habit 2: eat complete, lean protein with each feeding opportunity
Habit 3:  Eat vegetables with each feeding opportunity
Habit 4:  Eat veggies/fruit with any meal.  Eat "other carbs" only after exercise

Last but not least, please welcome Joel to the semi-privates, he'll be joining us twice a week.  Be sure to make him feel welcomed to our groups :)

No comments:

Post a Comment