Life in the world of Nuno Costa

Friday, September 17, 2010

From Crossfit Invictus Blog

A Simple Salad with Ground Turkey
Written by Nuno Costa
You may not know this about me, but I love to cook! I feel blessed to have the opportunity to cook a majority of my own meals, so I know first hand what goes into my body.

I can’t stress enough how important it is to plan and prepare your own meals. Whenever someone talks to me about getting in shape, improving their overall health or training towards a specific goal, one of the first questions out of my mouth is usually in regards to their current eating habits.

One thing I learned from my dad last year was that I don’t just have to get people to change the way they eat, but also have to get them to change the way they think about food. When introducing the concept of “real foods” to people – most react with: I can’t have this, or that, etc…. Needless to say, if this is their first impression they are not going to be all that open to changing and making the necessary adjustments. Typically people resent being told they can’t have something, so I usually preface it with all the wonderful things they can have, and invite them to think about all the wonderful nutrients they are providing their body by eating real foods :)

Read the rest of the post here


No comments:

Post a Comment