Life in the world of Nuno Costa

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hot N Dry 2010

Another great weekend in Palm Springs!  This is my 3rd year attending Hot N Dry and its one of the weekends I really look forward to all year long.

Just like in the past 2 years, this year's event did not dissapoint.  It was fantastic to see faces from the past years and to meet new people.  Its one of those weekends that people get together and really enjoy each others company. 

I've been clean and sober for 2 years and almost 9 months, which in itself is an incredible accomplishment.  I can't imagine where I'd be if I had continued on the path of destruction that I was on 6 years ago. 

I have so much to be grateful for, weekends like this one make me realize that it wouldn't be possible if I weren't clean and sober.  Since I stopped drinking and using drugs my life has really unfolded beyond my imagination.   All the promises have come true and then some...

I realize that I am one of the luckiest people in the world.  If I hadn't found the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous and the fellowship it's highly improbable I'd be where I am at today.

Hot n Dry is a sober roundup of fellowship, fun and recovery hosted by Southern California's gay men of Alcoholics Anonymous.  Its a very special weekend, where close to 1,000 men come together for a common purpose: a stronger connection to, and deeper bond with, our tradition of fun and support.

I pre-registered for next  years event already,  I am already looking forward to it.  This years event was at the Riviera Resort which was super nice.  The past 2 I attended were at the Hilton in Palm Springs and this was a whole other level of service!  It was worth every penny.  We got there on Thursday afternoon and were by the pool most of the day Friday & Saturday mingling and meeting folks from everywhere. 

The meetings in the evenings are incredible, a huge ballroom filled and the energy is amazing.  The people that put on this event always go above and beyond to put on a show, and they sure lived up to it this year.  The entertainment is always top notch and this year was no different. 

Aside from the socializing, entertainment, great venue, I am grateful to share this experience with my friends and to have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment